On our first episode of Cooking With Kids, we made Disney waffles with my daughter Kaylee age 8, and her friend Clairie age 9, and a little help from Mom. Kaylee chose to make gluten and dairy free (GFDF) Disney waffles served with apple wedges, jam, syrup, and fresh squeezed orange juice (from Tropicana) to drink. Kaylee planned the whole meal, got the ingredients out of the pantry and helped to get everything ready. As you can see, these kids are good cooks and love to spend time in the kitchen having fun and being silly.
On today’s episode, you can see we have an audience of 5 year olds that are quite lively. Not to mention, I’m an amateur videographer and I didn’t turn the viewfinder toward myself (but I made sure we could see the kids!). On the next episode won’t have my head partly cut off.
To watch us making the waffles together, check out our video here:
Items used in this episode are
- Mickey Waffle Iron
- Princess Belgian Waffle Iron TIP: Spray it well with cooking oil and the waffle won’t stick like ours did
- Cherrybrook Pancake and Waffle Mix (comes in a pack of 6)
- Almond Milk
- 1 box Cherrybrook waffle mix
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 c. almond or rice milk
- 2 T. oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. dried fruit (we used blueberries)
- Your favorite waffle toppings
- Make Cherrybrook mix according to package directions. Add 1 egg and a little extra milk. Fold in dried fruit. Pour into your waffle iron and serve with your favorite waffle toppings! Makes 8 waffles.
**Positively Mommy occasionally provides recipes and other information about food preparation. Please keep in mind that it is the reader’s responsibility to determine the value of these recipes, nutritional and otherwise. It is also the reader’s responsibility to determine the safety of the preparation instructions. Recipes are prepared “at your own risk.” We assume no liability, obligation, or warranty with respect to these recipes. Positively Mommy is not responsible for any damage, medically or otherwise, that could result from preparation of these recipes. Visitors must take care to check the instructions provided and determine their value and any possible medical condition that may arise from the preparation instructions and consumption of the ingredients listed in this site’s recipes.