I am sort of a self-proclaimed Disneyland expert or maybe you could call me a Disney fanatic ( I won’t be offended). I have been there more than 10 times and I love the Amusement Park feel of California Adventure! The scenery is lovely and the atmosphere is more laid back. Some of my favorite rides at Disneyland are there too! Here are my top 5 California Adventure rides and attractions.
#1. California Screamin’
My very favorite ride at all of Disneyland is California Screamin! I used to be terrified of roller coasters, but this one is so smooth and fast, it’s quite a rush to go on it. Once I saw 6 year olds excited to go on the ride, I decided to get over my fear. This coaster does go upside down but it’s very quick and you are safe and secure in a tight harness.
#2. Soarin’ Over California
Soarin” is a simulated hang glider rides that fiels over the sites of the real California. It’s in an IMAX Theatre with an impressive sound system. The best part about the ride is it implements scents for a full experience.
#3. Alladin Show
The Alladin Show is a live production (similar to what you would find on Broadway) of Disney’s Alladin. It’s about 45 minutes long and follows the same story line as the Disney movie. We enjoyed the Genie’s jokes, seeing princess Jasmine, and of course we love Alladin himself. The set and the costumes are amazing!
This show is housed in a real theatre that seats several thousand people, so you won’t need to wait very long to get in. Check show times for clues as to when to arrive to stand in line.
#4 Toy Story Mania
I couldn’t decide whether to put this before or after Alladin because it is such a fun ride! You go in a car and use a pop gun to shoot at targets and get points. Check our our video on the ride for more detailed information.
#5 It’s Tough to Be a Bug
This is a 3D show in Bugs Land. You get to wear “bug” glasses and laugh along the way. It’s just a fun one about how bugs get a bad wrap. It has a surprise ending, so hold on to your seat!
I also really like the Grizzly River Rapids and the Ariel Ride (for younger children).
Here’s my Top 5 tips and tricks for California Adventure
1. Sign up in advance for character dining. The reservations fill up quickly and you might not be able to get a slot for your family. Every character dining experience has been worth it. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is great. Once in a lifetime! They even accommodate food allergies.
2. Get fast passes to avoid waiting in long lines.
3. Get to the park early and go on the most popular rides first to avoid long lines later on.
4. Try to get a hotel that has complimentary breakfast and dinner to avoid buying high priced food at the park (the Park Vue Inn fits this criteria and is reasonably priced and located right across the street)
5. Use Ridemax software to maximize your time at California Adventure. It will show you which order to go on the rides you want to go in. You can go on all the rides and attractions at California Adventure in one day if you use Ridemax or if you are very organized and do your research first!
California Adventure Rides
Paradise Pier Ride Video
Hollywood Studios Ride Video
Bugs Land Video
Golden State Ride Video
For more videos of Disneyland and California Adventure, check out our YouTube Channel
**All content provided by Positively Mommy is for informational purposes only. Positively Mommy makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information found on this site or found by following any link on this site. Positively Mommy will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. Positively Mommy will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. This policy is subject to change at anytime.